STENTOR means somebody with a loud powerful voice
STENTORIZED is about blogging out-loud our ideas or opinions in a more offbeat manner while making money from it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Google

Life is Just a Game of Inches

Last Saturday, we have our monthly business review. One of the highlights of that meeting was the video showing of the excerpt of the movie entitled Any Given Sunday where Al Pacino gave his famous piece known as Inch by Inch Speech.

Though I already seen and watched the whole movie years ago, it was only last Saturday that I realized the impact of that speech. It hit me right there and there. So, because I was inspired by it, I decided to post and blog about it. And for your easy reference, below is the YouTube version of that Inch by Inch Speech by Al Pacino:



Furthermore, in order for you to fully grasp the whole speech too, I even transcribe it just for you guys.

Al Pacino's Inch By Inch Speech from the film Any Given Sunday.
I don't know what to say really.
Three minutes...
to the biggest battle
of our professional lives
all comes down to today.
Either... we heal as a team
or we gonna crumble.
Inch by inch
play by play
till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemen
believe me!

and we can stay here
and get the shit kicked out of us
or
we can fight our way back
into the light.
We can climb out of hell.

One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces
and I think
I mean
I made every wrong choice
a middle age man can make.
I uh....
I pissed away all my money
believe it or not.
I chased off
anyone who has ever loved me.
And lately,
I can't even stand
the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life
things get taken from you.
That's... that's.. , that's part of life.
But,
you only learn that when you start losing stuff.

You find out life's just a game of inches.

So is football.
Because in either game
life or football
the margin for error is so small.
I mean
one half step too late or
to early you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or
too fast and you don't quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us.
They are in every break of the game
every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone
else around us to pieces for that inch.

We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
Cause we know
when we add up all those inches
that's gonna make the fucking difference
between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this
in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to die
who's gonna win that inch.
And I know
if I am gonna have any life anymore
it is because, I am still willing to fight,
and die for that inch
because that's what LIVING is.
The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you gonna see a guy
who will go that inch with you.
You are gonna see a guy
who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same for him.

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?



1 comment:

  1. aba! june 8 pa to ah! pero di bale! merry xmas na rin! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

@ 2011 edition of Make Money Online | Stentorized